Sunday, February 18, 2007

HAPPY CNY!

It has been a long long, long long time since I updated. It may be because there are a lot of things that happened or maybe that I'm just plain lazy. XP I simply have nothing to post about. O levels are coming and pressure piles up endlessly.


However I am not going to let that spoil the mood of CHINESE NEW YEAR! a month of ang baos and junk food. Speaking of Chinese new year, it had suddenly struck me that teenagers like me nowadays do not have any exposure to Chinese customs! When I ask me friends what is Chinese new year to them, most will say.....

"Haiya..Chinese new year is take ang bao lor..."


"Visit relative again..sian.."


"Buy new clothes la..."


"FOOD, FOOD, FOOD!!"


Not counting the substantial amount of la, lor, lehs used. They simply have no idea what Chinese new year means. They simply indulge themselves in material satisfaction without making an effort to understand why are things this way.

I am truly disappointed. Might sound contradicting but I am proud to say I know the Chinese custom and understand the meaning of Chinese new year. Just written this post in hope that more teens will follow up their Chinese roots and try to appreciate them.


DISCLAIMER: I meant no offence. If this post offended you, I'm sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home